Self-Employment, Freelancers and Artists

Residence Permit
for Self-employment, Freelancers and Artists

A self-employed or freelancer can be granted a visa and residence permit for the , if

  • an economic interest or special regional needs applies,
  • the activity is expected to have positive effects on the economy and
  • personal capital on the part of the foreigner or a loan undertaking is available to realise the business idea.

The relevant authorities for the planned business location are involved in examining the application. These are usually the regional Chambers of Industry and Commerce or the local Departments of Trade and Industry.

The application-procedure for artists is greatly simplified in the City of Berlin. The Government of the Capital has declared a special interest in the stay of artists. Required is an evidence of artistic activity and a proof of sufficient funds to finance the stay.

We help to set up your Business, prepare the administrative procedures, get in contact with the involved authorities and prepare the formation of a company and notarization.

Our Specialist (Fachanwalt) in Immigration Law is Sven Hasse.
Your legal guide to set up your business is Michael Loewer.

diese Seite in deutsch